1. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Passing (2021)
2. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE
3. The Prince and the Actress: When Florence Met George
4. Edwardian Promenade: Black Lives Matter
5. A Decade of Downton Abbey
6. Welcome to the Roaring Twenties (Redux?)
7. Dressing for an Edwardian Pandemic: The Spanish Flu of 1918
8. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C. J. Walker
9. It’s Here! Watch the trailer for Downton Abbey: The Movie
10. What Queen Alexandra Wore
11. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Escaping the Madhouse: The Nellie Bly Story
12. The teaser trailer for Downton Abbey: the Movie is here!
13. PREMIERING TONIGHT on Starz: Howards End, starring Hayley Atwell and Matthew Macfayden
14. Julian Fellowes’ The Gilded Age coming to NBC in 2019
15. The Party, The Pie, and the Girl Who Brought Down a Gilded Age Tycoon
16. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: TNT’s The Alienist
17. Writing Della: A Peek inside Deaf Education in the Gilded Age
18. The Road to Baguio
19. Happy Birthday Delmonico’s!
20. Edwardian Promenade is 10!
21. These Summer Resorts Once Offered African Americans Sun, Jazz, Food, and Relaxation During the Jim Crow Era
22. The Silent March That Shook American Race Relations 100 Years Ago
23. Screw upon a Screw: Sex Education in the Gilded Age
24. The Edwardian Torture Memory Hole: The Water Cure
25. So You Think You Want to Be a Nobleman?
26. 3 Games That Helped The Suffragettes Win the Vote
27. Relive Downton Abbey’s Most Memorable Weddings
28. Consuelo & Alva Vanderbilt: The Dollar Princess and Her Mother by Julie Ferry
29. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Howards End (2017)
30. Mogul and the Chinese Exclusion Act: An Interview with Joanna Shupe
31. The Gilded Age Craze for the Chafing Dish
32. Research Notes: Harper’s History of the War in the Philippines
33. America and the Great War
34. The Lessons of Balangiga Unlearned
35. Cover Reveal – Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I
36. How College Girls Lived During the Gilded Age
37. The Lady Journalist
38. American Colonial Missionaries in the Philippines
39. Raise the Red Flag: Cholera in Colonial Manila
40. War, Revolution…and Dances
41. WWI Wednesday: Wheatless Wednesdays, Meatless Mondays, or the American Home Front at War
42. New Year’s 1900: Y1.9K
43. Fascinating Women: Gibson Girls Gone Wild!
44. An Edwardian Christmas: Philippines Edition
45. Gilded Age Ganja
46. The Sugar Industry in the Dominican Republic
47. An Election, You Say? The Most Relevant Precedent May Be 120 Years Old
48. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: The Adventures of Selika
49. The Lady Eve
50. Why a War You’ve Never Heard of Matters More Than Ever
51. U.S. Interventionism in Latin America and the Caribbean
52. What’s So “New” about Imperialism?
53. INTERVIEW: Apollonia Lord, author of Seduced by the Outlaw
54. Introducing Jennifer Hallock
55. Edwardian Women in STEM: The Harvard Computers
56. Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service!
57. The Years America Ran Red: A History of Lynching in the United States
58. Cantigny Day Giveaway: Fall of Poppies
59. Cantigny Day
60. WWI Wednesday: The Care of the Dead
61. Julian Fellowes’ Belgravia: Episode 2 – A Chance Encounter
62. Shuffle Along: Sissle & Blake’s Broadway Hit
63. RELEASE DAY for Fall of Poppies!
64. SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: Westminster Nightgown
65. REVIEW: The World of Mr. Selfridge by Alison Maloney
66. REVIEW: The Wit and Wisdom of Downton Abbey
67. GUEST POST: Edwardian Servants Speak Out! by Michelle Higgs
68. COVER REVEAL: Fall of Poppies: Stories of Love and the Great War
69. Fascinating Women: Bessie Smith and the Blues
70. Five Rules for the Wearing of Jewellery
71. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong: Chapter 1
72. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong!
73. Catching Up with Mr. Selfridge — Season Three Coming to PBS March 29 at 9PM!
74. The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated…
75. Fascinating Edwardian Women for Women’s History Month
76. REVIEW: Million Dollar American Princesses
77. Manners for Men: In Church
78. WWI Weekly: Real Life War Horse, Cornell University Goes to War, and Testament of Youth
79. WWI Wednesday: When Books Went to War
80. Welcome Back Mr. Selfridge! Everything About Series 3
81. Wintering Along the Riviera
82. WWI Weekly: War Horses, Doughboys, Fourteen Points, and Stravinsky
83. Happy New Year (and a little self promotion)!
84. Merry Christmas from Edwardian Promenade!
85. Keeping Warm in Edwardian England
86. Armistice Day, 1920: Homecoming of the Unknown Warrior
87. Guest Post: Downton Abbey Bingo
88. An Historical Halloween
89. Haunted Edwardian Manor Houses
90. An Edwardian Music Primer
91. REVIEW: The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport
92. Edwardian Hairstyling
93. Edwardian Fashion Week
94. Getting into Public School, or Scary Entrance Examinations from the 1880s!
95. Downton Abbey’s Water Bottle
96. A Round-up of Downton Abbey News!
97. August 4, 1914 – The lamps are going out all over Europe
98. Trailer for Testament of Youth (2015)
99. BBC Productions to Commemorate WWI shown in the US
100. Site Update