1. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: THE PORTER
2. Gilded Age Literature: Edith Wharton’s The Age of Innocence Readathon
3. Everything You Wanted to Know About Julian Fellowes’s The Gilded Age
4. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Passing (2021)
5. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE
6. The Prince and the Actress: When Florence Met George
7. Edwardian Promenade: Black Lives Matter
8. A Decade of Downton Abbey
9. Welcome to the Roaring Twenties (Redux?)
10. Dressing for an Edwardian Pandemic: The Spanish Flu of 1918
11. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C. J. Walker
12. It’s Here! Watch the trailer for Downton Abbey: The Movie
13. What Queen Alexandra Wore
14. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Escaping the Madhouse: The Nellie Bly Story
15. The teaser trailer for Downton Abbey: the Movie is here!
16. PREMIERING TONIGHT on Starz: Howards End, starring Hayley Atwell and Matthew Macfayden
17. Julian Fellowes’ The Gilded Age coming to NBC in 2019
18. The Party, The Pie, and the Girl Who Brought Down a Gilded Age Tycoon
19. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: TNT’s The Alienist
20. Writing Della: A Peek inside Deaf Education in the Gilded Age
21. The Road to Baguio
22. Happy Birthday Delmonico’s!
23. Edwardian Promenade is 10!
24. These Summer Resorts Once Offered African Americans Sun, Jazz, Food, and Relaxation During the Jim Crow Era
25. The Silent March That Shook American Race Relations 100 Years Ago
26. Screw upon a Screw: Sex Education in the Gilded Age
27. The Edwardian Torture Memory Hole: The Water Cure
28. So You Think You Want to Be a Nobleman?
29. 3 Games That Helped The Suffragettes Win the Vote
30. Relive Downton Abbey’s Most Memorable Weddings
31. Consuelo & Alva Vanderbilt: The Dollar Princess and Her Mother by Julie Ferry
32. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Howards End (2017)
33. Mogul and the Chinese Exclusion Act: An Interview with Joanna Shupe
34. The Gilded Age Craze for the Chafing Dish
35. Research Notes: Harper’s History of the War in the Philippines
36. America and the Great War
37. The Lessons of Balangiga Unlearned
38. Cover Reveal – Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I
39. How College Girls Lived During the Gilded Age
40. The Lady Journalist
41. American Colonial Missionaries in the Philippines
42. Raise the Red Flag: Cholera in Colonial Manila
43. War, Revolution…and Dances
44. WWI Wednesday: Wheatless Wednesdays, Meatless Mondays, or the American Home Front at War
45. New Year’s 1900: Y1.9K
46. Fascinating Women: Gibson Girls Gone Wild!
47. An Edwardian Christmas: Philippines Edition
48. Gilded Age Ganja
49. The Sugar Industry in the Dominican Republic
50. An Election, You Say? The Most Relevant Precedent May Be 120 Years Old
51. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: The Adventures of Selika
52. The Lady Eve
53. Why a War You’ve Never Heard of Matters More Than Ever
54. U.S. Interventionism in Latin America and the Caribbean
55. What’s So “New” about Imperialism?
56. INTERVIEW: Apollonia Lord, author of Seduced by the Outlaw
57. Introducing Jennifer Hallock
58. Edwardian Women in STEM: The Harvard Computers
59. Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service!
60. The Years America Ran Red: A History of Lynching in the United States
61. Cantigny Day Giveaway: Fall of Poppies
62. Cantigny Day
63. WWI Wednesday: The Care of the Dead
64. Julian Fellowes’ Belgravia: Episode 2 – A Chance Encounter
65. Shuffle Along: Sissle & Blake’s Broadway Hit
66. RELEASE DAY for Fall of Poppies!
67. SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: Westminster Nightgown
68. REVIEW: The World of Mr. Selfridge by Alison Maloney
69. REVIEW: The Wit and Wisdom of Downton Abbey
70. GUEST POST: Edwardian Servants Speak Out! by Michelle Higgs
71. COVER REVEAL: Fall of Poppies: Stories of Love and the Great War
72. Fascinating Women: Bessie Smith and the Blues
73. Five Rules for the Wearing of Jewellery
74. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong: Chapter 1
75. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong!
76. Catching Up with Mr. Selfridge — Season Three Coming to PBS March 29 at 9PM!
77. The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated…
78. Fascinating Edwardian Women for Women’s History Month
79. REVIEW: Million Dollar American Princesses
80. Manners for Men: In Church
81. WWI Weekly: Real Life War Horse, Cornell University Goes to War, and Testament of Youth
82. WWI Wednesday: When Books Went to War
83. Welcome Back Mr. Selfridge! Everything About Series 3
84. Wintering Along the Riviera
85. WWI Weekly: War Horses, Doughboys, Fourteen Points, and Stravinsky
86. Happy New Year (and a little self promotion)!
87. Merry Christmas from Edwardian Promenade!
88. Keeping Warm in Edwardian England
89. Armistice Day, 1920: Homecoming of the Unknown Warrior
90. Guest Post: Downton Abbey Bingo
91. An Historical Halloween
92. Haunted Edwardian Manor Houses
93. An Edwardian Music Primer
94. REVIEW: The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport
95. Edwardian Hairstyling
96. Edwardian Fashion Week
97. Getting into Public School, or Scary Entrance Examinations from the 1880s!
98. Downton Abbey’s Water Bottle
99. A Round-up of Downton Abbey News!
100. August 4, 1914 – The lamps are going out all over Europe