1. A Decade of Downton Abbey
2. Welcome to the Roaring Twenties (Redux?)
3. Dressing for an Edwardian Pandemic: The Spanish Flu of 1918
4. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C. J. Walker
5. It’s Here! Watch the trailer for Downton Abbey: The Movie
6. What Queen Alexandra Wore
7. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Escaping the Madhouse: The Nellie Bly Story
8. The teaser trailer for Downton Abbey: the Movie is here!
9. PREMIERING TONIGHT on Starz: Howards End, starring Hayley Atwell and Matthew Macfayden
10. Julian Fellowes’ The Gilded Age coming to NBC in 2019
11. The Party, The Pie, and the Girl Who Brought Down a Gilded Age Tycoon
12. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: TNT’s The Alienist
13. Writing Della: A Peek inside Deaf Education in the Gilded Age
14. The Road to Baguio
15. Happy Birthday Delmonico’s!
16. Edwardian Promenade is 10!
17. These Summer Resorts Once Offered African Americans Sun, Jazz, Food, and Relaxation During the Jim Crow Era
18. The Silent March That Shook American Race Relations 100 Years Ago
19. Screw upon a Screw: Sex Education in the Gilded Age
20. The Edwardian Torture Memory Hole: The Water Cure
21. So You Think You Want to Be a Nobleman?
22. 3 Games That Helped The Suffragettes Win the Vote
23. Relive Downton Abbey’s Most Memorable Weddings
24. Consuelo & Alva Vanderbilt: The Dollar Princess and Her Mother by Julie Ferry
25. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: Howards End (2017)
26. Mogul and the Chinese Exclusion Act: An Interview with Joanna Shupe
27. The Gilded Age Craze for the Chafing Dish
28. Research Notes: Harper’s History of the War in the Philippines
29. America and the Great War
30. The Lessons of Balangiga Unlearned
31. Cover Reveal – Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I
32. How College Girls Lived During the Gilded Age
33. The Lady Journalist
34. American Colonial Missionaries in the Philippines
35. Raise the Red Flag: Cholera in Colonial Manila
36. War, Revolution…and Dances
37. WWI Wednesday: Wheatless Wednesdays, Meatless Mondays, or the American Home Front at War
38. New Year’s 1900: Y1.9K
39. Fascinating Women: Gibson Girls Gone Wild!
40. An Edwardian Christmas: Philippines Edition
41. Gilded Age Ganja
42. The Sugar Industry in the Dominican Republic
43. An Election, You Say? The Most Relevant Precedent May Be 120 Years Old
44. PERIOD DRAMA ALERT: The Adventures of Selika
45. The Lady Eve
46. Why a War You’ve Never Heard of Matters More Than Ever
47. U.S. Interventionism in Latin America and the Caribbean
48. What’s So “New” about Imperialism?
49. INTERVIEW: Apollonia Lord, author of Seduced by the Outlaw
50. Introducing Jennifer Hallock
51. Edwardian Women in STEM: The Harvard Computers
52. Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service!
53. The Years America Ran Red: A History of Lynching in the United States
54. Cantigny Day Giveaway: Fall of Poppies
55. Cantigny Day
56. WWI Wednesday: The Care of the Dead
57. Julian Fellowes’ Belgravia: Episode 2 – A Chance Encounter
58. Shuffle Along: Sissle & Blake’s Broadway Hit
59. RELEASE DAY for Fall of Poppies!
60. SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: Westminster Nightgown
61. REVIEW: The World of Mr. Selfridge by Alison Maloney
62. REVIEW: The Wit and Wisdom of Downton Abbey
63. GUEST POST: Edwardian Servants Speak Out! by Michelle Higgs
64. COVER REVEAL: Fall of Poppies: Stories of Love and the Great War
65. Fascinating Women: Bessie Smith and the Blues
66. Five Rules for the Wearing of Jewellery
67. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong: Chapter 1
68. The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola Readalong!
69. Catching Up with Mr. Selfridge — Season Three Coming to PBS March 29 at 9PM!
70. The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated…
71. Fascinating Edwardian Women for Women’s History Month
72. REVIEW: Million Dollar American Princesses
73. Manners for Men: In Church
74. WWI Weekly: Real Life War Horse, Cornell University Goes to War, and Testament of Youth
75. WWI Wednesday: When Books Went to War
76. Welcome Back Mr. Selfridge! Everything About Series 3
77. Wintering Along the Riviera
78. WWI Weekly: War Horses, Doughboys, Fourteen Points, and Stravinsky
79. Happy New Year (and a little self promotion)!
80. Merry Christmas from Edwardian Promenade!
81. Keeping Warm in Edwardian England
82. Armistice Day, 1920: Homecoming of the Unknown Warrior
83. Guest Post: Downton Abbey Bingo
84. An Historical Halloween
85. Haunted Edwardian Manor Houses
86. An Edwardian Music Primer
87. REVIEW: The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport
88. Edwardian Hairstyling
89. Edwardian Fashion Week
90. Getting into Public School, or Scary Entrance Examinations from the 1880s!
91. Downton Abbey’s Water Bottle
92. A Round-up of Downton Abbey News!
93. August 4, 1914 – The lamps are going out all over Europe
94. Trailer for Testament of Youth (2015)
95. BBC Productions to Commemorate WWI shown in the US
96. Site Update
97. Society: June 1914
98. REVIEW: World War I: The Definitive Visual History by R.G. Grant
99. WWI Wednesday: Pipes, Cigarettes, & Cigars!
100. Interview with Myra MacPherson, author of The Scarlet Sisters: Sex, Suffrage and Scandal In the Gilded Age